I focus my energy on understanding basic motivational processes and the strategies one person uses to motivate another. Much of my current work uses Deci and Ryan's self-determination theory to understand teachers' motivating styles toward their students during instruction.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Interpersonal Processes
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Reeve, J. (2008). Understanding motivation and emotion (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- O'Donnell, A., Reeve, J., & Smith, J. (2011). Educational psychology: Reflection for action (3rd ed.). New York: Wiley
- Reeve, J. (1996). Motivating others: Nurturing inner motivational resources. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Reeve, J., Jang, H., Carrell, D., Jeon, S., & Barch, J. (2004). Enhancing high school students' engagement by increasing their teachers' autonomy support. Motivation and Emotion, 28, 147-169.
- Reeve, J., Nix, G., & Hamm, D. (2003). The experience of self-determination in intrinsic motivation and the conundrum of choice. Journal of Educational Psychology, 95, 347-392.
- Hardre, P., & Reeve, J. (2003). A motivational model of rural students' intentions to persist in versus drop out of high school. Journal of Educational Psychology, 95, 347-356.
- Reeve, J., Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. (2004). Self-determination theory: A dialectical framework for understanding the sociocultural influences on motivation and learning: Big theories revisited (Vol. 4, pp. 31-59). Greenwich, CT: Information Age Press.
- Human Motivation
- Introduction to Educational Psychology and Measurement
Brain and Motivation Institute
Republic of Korea
- Phone: +82-2-3290-2295